Eston has had some red patches on his legs, which I assumed was dry skin. Well, on Wednesday the school nurse called me and said that it had spread up his legs and was now on his arms and chest. I got him into the doctor right away and she was stumped. It looked like hives and she thought he was most likely having a reaction to something, but what??? When she left the room to consult with another physician, Eston told me that his legs hurt so bad that he couldn't even sit "crisscross applesauce" (indian style for us oldies) because it hurt to bend his legs that much. I about fell over, I told him he needed to let me know these things other wise I can't do anything to help. Long story short, the doctor decided to do a strep test just to rule it out. She was pretty sure it would come back negative, but figured we might as well try. In the mean time she put him on Claritan to try and help with the itching.
So, I woke up on Thursday morning and called to find out the results of the test, and it was POSITIVE! Crazy that he has strep and the only symptom was a rash - no fever, soar throat or anything. Now he is on amoxicilian (sp?).
Labor Day Weekend Fun at the Pit 2016
9 years ago
Yikes, that is weird! Strep is really going around - I know both Violet and Lauren had it 2 weekends ago. Violet told me that you had to come get Eston because he had itchy legs! :)
ReplyDeleteHave a Happy Thanksgiving!