Wednesday, December 15, 2010

December 2010 Blizzard

On Friday night it started to snow, and it continued to snow until Saturday night. Once the snow stopped, the wind picked up (40mph)-CRAZY! While it snowed on Saturday we let the boys out to play and pretty much stayed out there the entire day. The wind and snow were whipping but that didn't stop them.

Here they are trying to push their trucks through the snow. It was so deep they could barely move. They were in these sames spots for about 30 minutes.

You can tell how snowy and blowy it is out there, it is amazing what kids will do to play outside.

With red cheeks, he was still able to smile at me. I was nice and cozy in the house making Christmas goodies.

Eston thought he would try throwing a snowball at the window. It didn't make it but he was all the way across the hard.

After they came in I needed to find something to entertain them, so I popped some popcorn and we tried making popcorn garland. It worked for about 20 minutes and then they were bored with it and had to move onto something else.

This is what it was like on Sunday morning. This is the view from the kitchen window - looking across the street at Thomley's. The snow was up to Brian's waist and way above the snowblower. It took a while to blow out all the snow, but it was fun to watch from the warm spot inside our house!!! :)

This is a video from Saturday during the blizzard. Asher and Grayson refused to come inside so I just let them play. I could hear them talking so I went to see what they were up to and found them in the stairwell carrying their bikes up from the basement. This is amazing, but it is more amazing because they were doing it with all their winter attire on. I told them to leave them in the basement, but the next thing I knew, they were riding bike on the driveway. They had a blast, I thought they were crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment