Well, we got the good news on Monday and so far things have been great. When I got home from work on Tuesday he said he wanted to go swimming. I have to admit, I as very nervous. I thought for sure it would sting something fierce, but he was determined. I took him down and he walked right in. We swam for an hour and a half and the only thing that bothered his foot was jumping off the diving board. I actually think it might have helped a little....after we got home and he showered I was able to cut off a lot of the dead skin on the bottom of his foot.
He has been keeping a sock on it when he plays outside, I think he is still a little nervous to get it dirty (fine with me)! It just amazes me how quickly he healed. The doctor at Mayo thought it would take up to 10 weeks and then he would probably need surgery and physical therapy - but after seeing the doctors at the Regions Burn Center, we are almost healed after 2 weeks. AMAZING!
Labor Day Weekend Fun at the Pit 2016
9 years ago
AWESOME! Amen!!! :-)
ReplyDelete